Thursday 2 February 2012

Dr. G's First Day of School




When I got to the school today there were 30 second year dental students anxiously awaiting my arrival. They were jammed into the small portable classroom that had been made available for us. There were even a couple of first year students that managed to sneak into the classroom. They explained that they wanted to learn new things from The Canadian Endodontist!!!! I started off by giving an entertaining Introduction lecture. I then followed that by a Pulp Biology lecture and finally wrapped the day up with an intense Diagnosis lecture and Case Presentation.

The students were friendly, keen, excited, and ready to learn. Day one turned out to be a big success.

The gave them a few tasks for homework for the the week. They are to gather extracted teeth and mount them to get ready for the practical session next weekend, to review my manual, to brush up on my videos and to psyche themselves up to learn how to save teeth.........one root at a time!!!!!

1 comment: